401 Maple Street, Byron, MI
Come to or participate in PTA sponsored events...
Whether your kids are just starting kindergarten or entering the final year of high school, there are many good reasons for parents to volunteer with the Byron Area PTA. It's a great way to show your kids that you take an interest in their education, and it sends a positive message that you consider school a worthwhile cause.
Five Things to Know About PTA Membership:
1. We will not ask you to bake cookies. Maybe my baking reputation precedes me (think Oreos and Chips Ahoy), but I have never been asked. We are a diverse group with a common goal; there are many different ways to help out.
2. PTA does not stand for Parents To Avoid. In fact, being a part of the PTA is an easy way to connect with likeminded parents. Shy? Socially awkward? Live in your pajamas? I’m with ya, you’ll fit right in.
3. You will get to know the teachers and realize that—Wait…What?!—they are human just like us. Not saints (except for my daughter’s), not wizards, and many are actually parents themselves. They are vital to our organization—without them we would just be the PA.
4. You can see firsthand how an elementary school operates. Think those kids decide to walk silently through the halls? Ahh…no. Parent participation at school events fosters a stable learning environment—plus, you can give your little ones embarrassing kisses in front of their friends.
5. “We are rolling in cash, the teachers have everything they need, and our facility is stacked with state-of-the-art everything.”—said no PTA ever!! The truth is we need you. Really. Our school district, like most others, is strapped (shocker, right?) and every little bit of help, helps.
Membership forms are available thru Sandy Hooley (586)864-7586 or Michelle Riddell (248)467-7991.
Volunteer your time...